Innovative products, technologies, and services offered to
improve the passenger experience
| EAST AURORA, NY, April 3, 2017 – Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) announced that it will display a breadth of solutions at the Aircraft Interiors Exposition (AIX) in Hamburg, Germany, from April 4-6, 2017. With offerings that range from passenger power to connectivity to VVIP in-flight entertainment, Astronics is providing the aircraft industry with a single, expert, certified partner for innovative solutions that enhance the passenger experience. |
Attendees can expect to discover solutions for various aircraft applications at the Astronics Corporation booth, Stand 3B30:
| At the Aircraft Interiors Exposition April 4-6, 2017, Astronics Corporation will demonstrate a breadth of solutions to enhance the passenger experience.|
- Astronics AeroSat is showing its new antenna system, announced this week at the show, the FliteStream® F-310 Series. Designed to provide the high performance needed for new spot beam satellite technology, the FliteStream F-310 delivers the highest bandwidth and fastest in-flight internet connectivity speeds in its class.
- Astronics Ballard Technology is displaying the recently introduced WebFB system, an FAA-certified aircraft interface device (AID) that gathers critical flight data from aircraft databuses and delivers it to flight crews. Small size, lightweight, and easy to install, the WebFB is the most cost-effective, easy-to-deploy solution for commercial airlines looking for secure connectivity for portable electronic flight bags (EFBs) and avionics data.
- For in-flight entertainment and passenger comfort, Astronics PGA Avionics will introduce its latest innovations in cabin management systems (CMS) and IFEC systems, including a smart wireless handset for passenger controls, in-seat passenger control units, and new Hollywood-approved content for its WiFi™ AVOD IFEC system. PGA is also introducing two new passenger lighting systems and new solutions for seat motion systems.
For in-seat power, lighting, and other passenger safety and comfort items, Astronics will display several additional solutions:
- Astronics Advanced Electrical Systems (AES), the industry leader in passenger power, will demonstrate its Astronics EmPower® USB "UltraLite" System—an innovative passenger In-Seat Power System (ISPS) architecture that provides High Power USB (HPUSB) using zonal power converters. AES will also display their new wireless charging module that enables passengers to charge devices wirelessly.
- Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc (LSI), with 40+ years of industry-leading lighting solutions, will demonstrate its latest offerings in cabin lighting, cockpit panel lighting, emergency lighting, and other innovative lighting products.
- Attendees can also preview several products from Astronics DME's emergency systems line including the newest Air Lite® LED Flashlights, which offer significant weight savings and technological improvements over the legacy flashlights. Other offerings include exit indicators with 50 different language options, universal precaution kits, and first aid kits.
Finally, Astronics provides a proven portfolio of custom engineering and manufacturing services for a wide variety of aircraft interior customers. At AIX, attendees can learn about:
- Astronics Armstrong Aerospace's breadth of services for upgrading aircraft with newer technologies, such as passenger power systems, wireless capabilities, in-flight entertainment and communications systems.
- Astronics PECO's high-volume, high-precision design and manufacturing capabilities for the production of any aircraft component, such as passenger service units and fuel access doors.
With a series of aircraft interior solutions from Astronics, customers can enjoy streamlined vendor management, deep technical expertise, and FAA-certified solutions. Company-wide, Astronics delivers cost-effective solutions with a collaborative spirit to solve customer challenges.
For complete details on the products and services Astronics offers for aircraft interiors, visit Astronics.com.
ABOUT ASTRONICS CORPORATION
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems. Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Astronics has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
For more information on Astronics and its products, visit www.Astronics.com.
# # #