|Astronics Corporation to Showcase Its Latest Innovations at the Paris Air Show|
Power, Connectivity, Lighting and Other Solutions Will Be on Display
EAST AURORA, NY, June 19, 2017 – Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO), a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace and defense industries, announced that its latest innovations will be on display at the Paris Air Show from June 19 – 25, 2017. Astronics will highlight new solutions spanning connectivity, power, lighting and more for deployment on commercial, business and military fixed-wing and rotor aircraft.
“Astronics enjoys a long history of serving both commercial and military aircraft programs with a breadth of off-the-shelf and customized solutions for our customers,” commented Peter Gundermann, President and Chief Executive Officer of Astronics Corporation. “We’re excited to be here and demonstrate our extensive capabilities across multiple aerospace sectors with sophisticated, innovative technology solutions for aircraft connectivity, power and lighting.”
Attendees can expect to view demonstrations of these solutions in Hall 3, stand B148:
View the video to see what Astronics will be showing at this year’s Paris Air Show, June 19-25, 2017.
Solutions for the Connected Aircraft
- Satellite antenna systems. Astronics AeroSat is showing its newest connectivity solution, the FliteStream® F-310 Series antenna system. Designed to take advantage of new spot beam satellite technology, the FliteStream F-310 delivers the highest bandwidth and fastest in-flight internet connectivity speeds in its class.
- Avionics connectivity systems. Attendees can learn about Astronics Ballard Technology’s new small-size, lightweight webFB® system, an FAA-certified aircraft interface device (AID) that provides a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy solution for commercial airlines looking for secure connectivity for portable electronic flight bags (EFBs) and avionics data. Astronics Ballard Technology will also feature its AB3000, a customizable avionics I/O embedded computer offering easy integration plus power-packed performance with multiple built-in data bus interfaces and an Intel processor.
Solutions for the Powered Aircraft
- In-cabin power solutions. Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES), the industry leader in passenger power, will demonstrate its EmPower® product line, including in-seat power supplies, AC outlet units, USB outlet units and dual AC/USB outlet units.
- Power generation and distribution. In addition, Astronics will show its CorePower® product line that provides flight-critical power generation, power distribution and power conversion on a broad range of aircraft. Recent innovations in the CorePower® product line include solid-state power distribution, brushless starter-generators and significant advancements in power conversion technology.
Solutions for the Lighted Aircraft
- Enhanced vision systems. Astronics Max-Viz will demonstrate how its newly certified Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System (EVS) improves visibility of terrain and runways. Blending infrared and visible light sensors, the new Max-Viz 2300 EVS displays real-time heat sources, along with LED airport lighting, to make it safer for pilots to land in dark, challenging conditions.
- Aircraft lighting systems. Astronics Luminescent Systems, Inc. (LSI) will be on hand to demonstrate its latest innovations in cabin lighting, cockpit panel lighting, exterior lighting and other lighting products, built on a 40-year history of serving the aircraft industry.
- Emergency lighting and safety products. Attendees can preview several products from Astronics DME’s emergency systems line, including the newest Air Lite® LED flashlights, which offer significant weight savings and technological improvements over legacy flashlights. Other offerings include exit indicators with 50 different language options, universal precaution kits and first aid kits.
Finally, Astronics PECO will provide information on its custom manufacturing capabilities for the production of any aircraft component, including passenger service units, fuel access doors and many other customized solutions for commercial and military aircraft.
With a breadth of innovative solutions from Astronics, customers can enjoy streamlined vendor management, deep technical expertise and FAA-certified solutions. Company-wide, Astronics delivers cost-effective solutions with a collaborative spirit to solve customer challenges. Today, Astronics solutions are deployed throughout most commercial, business and military aircraft platforms worldwide.
For complete details on the products and services Astronics offers, visit Astronics.com.
ABOUT ASTRONICS CORPORATION
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics’ products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems. Astronics’ strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial. Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Astronics has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
For more information on Astronics and its products, visit www.Astronics.com.
# # #
Note to Editors: Astronics will be making appointments for press tours at the booth. To schedule an appointment, please contact Michelle Manson at firstname.lastname@example.org.