Astronics Upgrades Comprehensive Test Solution for Digital Wideband Military Tactical Radios
Portable Device Provides the Most Comprehensive Field Test Coverage for Widely Deployed Military Radio Systems
EAST AURORA, N.Y., March 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ:ATRO), through its wholly-owned subsidiary Astronics Test Systems, announced a series of feature upgrades to its CTS-6000 Tactical Radio Series communications test set. With these new upgrades, the CTS-6000 tester is the world’s first portable unit available to test both analog and digital functions of the most widely deployed military tactical radios.
A photo accompanying this release is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/59c41142-c7ec-4154-8af0-ec850b5c4f03
“The drive toward digitally-enhanced tactical radios is a global trend, yet current fielded testers can only test analog functions,” explained Brian Price, Executive Vice President of Astronics Test Systems. “For the first time, the upgraded CTS-6000 test solution provides frontline technicians with the ability to field test the complete functions of radios such as the Harris AN/PRC-117G or the AN/PRC-152A. It brings the comprehensive functionality of traditional depot-level testing directly to the fielded units, reducing expensive depot downtime and frustrating ‘no fault found’ results.”
Additional Functionality Now Available in the CTS-6000 Series
The CTS-6000 Series is the most comprehensive communications tester for field and at-platform testing, reducing testing time and cost, maintenance and calibration costs, lifecycle ownership costs, and the number of “no fault found” results. Essentially an entire lab bench in a tablet-sized device, users can employ more than 16 included software-driven test instruments to test tactical handsets, amplifiers, antennae and any other component of a radio system. The CTS-6000 recently received the “Best New Enterprise Hardware Product” award from the OC Tech Alliance in Orange County, California.
The CTS-6000 Series tests Radio Frequency (RF), wireless communications, and navigation systems. The new release adds five new test functions: Error Vector Magnitude (EVM), wideband streaming Transmit (TX) and Receive (RX), real time RF burst trigger, power analyzer, Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) reader, and an avionics data loader.
- Error Vector Magnitude – Enables the testing of current and future multiband networking radios to 6 GHz plus, providing testing capabilities beyond legacy analog AM/FM/Single Side Band (SSB)
- Wideband Streaming TX and RX – Supports Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) waveforms and 802.11p, as well as commercial applications such as automotive Vehicle to Everything (V2X), Positive Train Control (PTC) and Communication Based Train Control (CBTC)
- Real-time RF Burst Trigger – Supports pulse capture and analysis, truly continuous signal monitoring and recording, enables at-platform Over-the-Air (OTA) link analysis
- Power Analyzer – Supports peak, average and pulse power measurements and enables pulse power measurement for distance measuring equipment (DME) and other avionics transponders
- Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Reader and Data Loader – Includes an NVM terminal emulator for avionics test support with line replaceable unit (LRU) shop mode, plus a data loader for avionics LRU original equipment manufacturer (OEM) firmware updates
Additional military-specific features of the CTS-6000 Series include:
- Support for Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS),
Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW), Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW),
American Frequency Hopping System (HAVEQUICK), Special Operations Community Network (SOCNET) and more
- Existing test program sets (TPS) for AN/PRC-117G, AN/PRC-148 family (MBITR, JEM and 6809), AN/PRC-150, AN/PRC-152, AN/PRC-137G*
- Software flexibility to add new test capabilities that satisfy rapidly evolving test requirements
For more information please visit AstronicsTestSystems.com.
* The Astronics CTS-6000 Series tester unit is controlled under the EAR, however when loaded with military TPS the unit is controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Any export or retransfer of this product is strictly prohibited without prior licensing approval of the U.S. State Department.
About Astronics Corporation
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ:ATRO) is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics’ products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation, distribution and motion systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems. Astronics’ strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial. Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Astronics has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices. The Company routinely posts news and other important information on its website at www.astronics.com.
For more information on Astronics and its products, visit www.astronics.com.
For more information, contact: Astronics Test Systems: Michelle Manson Phone: (949) 859-8999 Email: ATSpress@astronics.com
Released March 7, 2017